1,001 Tips for Writers
offers some of the best advice on writing and getting published today. The book is presented in the form of quotations and presents advice from a wide variety of books, magazines, newspapers, trade journals, speeches, articles on the Internet, and original gems from notable writers.
The book includes:
- Advice on how to get commercially published
- The factors involved in whether you should (or should not) self-publish
- Why editors play such a vital role, and why even prize-winning authors need one
- Tips on coping with rejection, and the inspirational success stories of writers who struggled for years
- The habits that separate professional writers from the amateurs
- Why you cannot trust some writers. As author Susan Braudy put it, I hope not seriously: “I’m basically a treacherous person with no sense of loyalty. I’d write openly about my sainted mother’s sex life for art.”
For good measure I also included some pretty decent jokes and some facts of literary life that aspiring writers really should know.
My hope is that you will enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed creating it. This is a book I wish someone gave me when I began my career as a full-time author and publisher. If I had known 30 years ago what I know now, I could have spared myself a lot of time and heartbreak. This book should give writers, especially aspiring authors, a better head start.
BOOK MENTORING: DO YOU NEED ADVICE ON
HOW TO PUBLISH YOUR NONFICTION BOOK?
As a publishing expert who has both self-published and had three books published by commercial presses, William A. Gordon is happy to answer questions and provide advice to aspiring writers with advice on how to be successfully published. The cost is only $60 an hour or $1.00 a minute, with a quarter hour minimum ($15). Please have your questions prepared in advance so you can get the most out of your session. To schedule an appointment call (949) 533-5106 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (or 11:00 to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time), or e-mail BGordonLA@aol.com. This service is available for nonfiction writers only.